Filter Out offensive Comments: Meta-owned photo-sharing platform, Instagram recently launched new features for users and content creators to filter unwanted and objectionable message requests and comments. These features include updated hidden words, better blocking options, and more.
what is hidden words feature on instagram
The social networking site introduced the Hidden Words feature, which enables users to automatically filter harmful content from their comments and messages. Instagram claims that users who turn on Hidden Words for comments get 40% fewer offensive comments overall.
Hidden words is a list of words, phrases and emoji that hide words if they may sound inappropriate, offensive or offensive. Using this feature, you will not receive any content, including comments on your posts or messages related to words or phrases that you have hidden. Here’s how you can use this feature to get rid of offensive words and phrases from your Instagram account
Open the Instagram app on your Android or iOS device
- Go to your profile by tapping on your profile picture, which is available at the bottom right
- Tap on the three line menu button available at the top right.
- Go to the Settings tab.
- Select the Confidential option.
- Tap on Hidden Words option.
- In the Offensive Words and Phrases tab, toggle off options such as Hide Comments, Advanced Comment Filtering, and Hide Message Requests.
Although hidden comments are not visible to anyone, they are still counted in your comment count. Words, phrases, numbers, and emoji that you specifically don’t want to appear in comments or message requests can be added to your custom words and phrases list. You can edit this list at any time. These words and phrases will be hidden from your comments, message requests, or both. We’re here to show you how you can add custom words to the list.
Add a List of Hidden Words to Your Instagram
- Open Instagram app on your phone.
- Tap on your profile picture in the bottom right.
- Tap on the three line menu available at the top right of the screen.
- Go to the Settings tab.
- Tap on the Privacy option and go to the Hidden Words tab.
- Under the Custom Words and Phrases tab, tap the Manage Custom Words and Phrases button.
- In the text box, enter specific words, phrases, numbers, or emoji that you don’t want to see.
- Turn on the toggles for Hide Comments and Hide Messages to turn on your custom word list for comments and messages, respectively.
OnePlus 11 will compete with IQoo 11, specifications of both phones leaked