Jio Anniversary 2022: Telecom company Reliance Jio is going to consider the sixth anniversary of its launch on 5 September 2022. In these six years, the telecom industry has achieved an increase of more than 100 times in average per capita data consumption per month. According to TRAI, before the launch of Jio, every Indian customer used only 154 MB of data in a month. Now the data consumption figure has increased 100 times to the level of 15.8 GB per month per subscriber. Jio users are using about 20 GB data every month, which is much more than the industry figures.
What changed in these six years?
- Jio has brought a big change in the field of voice calling. Jio made outgoing voice calls free in the country, which made calling easier. Mobile bills also came down significantly. Due to Jio’s outgoing calls for free, other operators were also under pressure and they also had to change their strategy and reduce the price.
- Broadband subscribers have increased from 192.3 million to nearly 800 million in the last six years. At the same time, the average internet speed has also increased five times from 5.6 Mbps to 23.16 Mbps.
- Not only is the consumption of data the highest in India, but the prices of data are also much lower than before. At the time of Jio’s launch, the price of 1 GB data in the country was around Rs 250, which has now gone up to Rs 13 per GB. This means data prices have fallen by about 95 percent in six years.
- Reliance Jio promoted digital platform in India. At the time of Jio’s launch, only 32.64 crore transactions were done through UPI, whereas in August 2022 it has seen a huge increase. Today, transactions worth Rs 10.72 lakh crore are done through UPI in the country.
- India is now home to 105 unicorn companies (a company with a net worth of more than $1 billion is called a unicorn) with a valuation of more than $338 billion. At the same time, six years ago there were only 4 unicorn companies in India.
- JioFiber has helped in activities like work from home, class from home or e-shopping. In just three years, Jio Fiber has added 7 million premises. Many Internet, e-commerce, home delivery and entertainment companies that have emerged in the last few years have given employment to thousands and millions.
Preparation for Social Media Paid Services, now it will cost money to use WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram