Paush Purnima 2023: Paush Purnima is on 6th January 2023, Friday. This year, a very auspicious yoga is being formed on the full moon of the month of Pausha. Both full moon day and Friday are very dear to Goddess Lakshmi. In such a situation, in this special coincidence, the worship of Goddess Lakshmi will get double the result. It is also called Shakambhari Purnima. On this day Maa Durga took Shakambhari avatar. Magh Mela is starting from Paush Purnima itself. On this day, by fasting, bathing in the Ganges, doing charity and charity, a person gets the boon of wealth, happiness, good luck and health. Let us know the auspicious time of Paush Purnima, auspicious yoga, worship method and special mantra.
Paush Purnima 2023 Muhurat
Paush Purnima date starts – January 6, 2023, 2.14 am
Paush Purnima date ends – 7 January 2023, 04.37 am
- wee hours – 05.29 am – 07.17 am (best time for sun worship)
- Abhijit Muhurta – 12.12 pm – 12:54 pm
- Twilight time – 05:46 pm – 06:13 pm
- Amrit Kaal – 01:04 PM – 02:51 PM
- Moonrise Time – Evening 04.32 (worshiping the moon on full moon gives best results)
Paush Purnima 2023 Shubh Yoga
This time its importance has increased due to Paush Purnima being a Friday. At the same time, there is only one full moon in a year in which a special combination of Sun and Moon is formed. The month of Pausha is dedicated to the Sun and the full moon day to the Moon. In such a situation, both of them are specially worshiped on this day.
- Sarvartha Siddhi Yoga – 12.14 am – 06.38 am (Jan 7, 2023)
- Indra Yoga – 06 January 2023 at 08.11 AM – 07 January 2023 at 08.55 AM
- Brahma Yoga – 05 Jan 2023 07.34 AM – 06 Jan 2023 08.11 AM
Paush Purnima Puja Vidhi
- Before sunrise on Paush Purnima, take a bath by adding Ganges water to the water. After this, wear red clothes and offer Arghya to the Sun with a copper pot. Put red sandalwood, Hibiscus flower, Akshat, Kumkum in the water. Om Bhaskaraya Namah: Offer water by making a stream while chanting the mantra.
- Now take a resolution of full moon fast and install a picture of Lakshmi-Narayan by spreading a yellow cloth on the post of worship. Light a ghee lamp on the right side of the picture.
- If there is a silver or brass idol, then anoint Vishnu ji by pouring milk and Ganga water in the Dakshinavarti conch. Offer roli, kumkum, turmeric, rose flower, fruits, clothes, sweets, panchamrit, naivedya.
- Read the story of Satyanarayan. This brings happiness and peace in the house. Chant the mantras of Lord Vishnu, Mother Lakshmi. Then in the end distribute Prasad by performing Aarti and donate blankets, food, clothes to the needy.
- Offer water to Peepal in the morning on full moon. Offer sweets and do seven parikramas.
- On Paush Purnima, Goddess Durga incarnated as Maa Shakambhari to save people from food and water crisis. She is called the goddess of vegetation. Offer fresh fruits and vegetables to Goddess Durga on this day. Vegetables have importance in the worship of Maa Shakambhari.
- After the rise of the moon, offer milk and water to the moon from a silver pot. Om Son Somaya Namah: Chant the mantra 108 times.
- Offer lump of turmeric, kevda, rose, 11 yellow shells, Gomti Chakra in the worship of Mahalakshmi in the midnight of Paush Purnima. Apply saffron tilak on your forehead in front of Goddess Lakshmi. Then recite Shri Sukta.
- Surya Mantra – Om Ghrini Suryaya Namah:
- Lakshmi ji’s mantra – Om Shree Hree Shree Kamle Kamlalaye Prasid Prasid Shree Hree Shree Om Mahalakshmi Namah:
- Mantra of Lord Vishnu – Om Namo: Narayanay Namah. Om Namo: Bhagavate Vasudevaya Namah.
- Chandra Mantra – Om Sheetanshu, Vibhanshu Amritanshu Namah:
- Shakambhari Devi Mantra – ‘Om Hree Shree Kleem Bhagwati Maheshwari Annapurne Swaha.
Magh Month 2023 Vrat-Festival: When is Makar Sankranti, Shattila Ekadashi in the month of Magh? Know the complete list of fasting and festivals of this month
Disclaimer: The information provided here is based on assumptions and information only. It is important to mention here that ABPLive.com does not confirm any kind of recognition, information. Before implementing any information or belief, consult the relevant expert.