Post Office Small Savings Scheme Calculator: The Modi government at the Center has done the work of providing relief to the investors of the Small Savings Scheme. After 9 consecutive quarters, the interest rates of some small savings schemes have increased. Now investors will get more benefit on these schemes. The central government has increased the interest rate on the monthly income scheme from 6.6 percent to 6.7 percent.
Monthly income will increase
The Post Office is also included in the Monthly Income Scheme (MIS). Monthly Income Scheme (POMIS) included in the Small Savings Scheme of the Post Office gives investors the opportunity of monthly income. You can earn every month by investing lump sum money in MIS. In this, your entire money remains safe and after 5 years you can withdraw the entire amount. In this, the facility of opening single and joint accounts is available. Many people are taking advantage of this scheme for pension after retirement.
Will get so much money every month
You will now get an interest rate of 6.7% per annum in the Post Office Monthly Income Scheme (POMIS). If you deposited Rs 9 lakh in the scheme, then at the rate of 6.7 percent per annum, the total interest for 1 year would be Rs 60,300. According to this amount for 12 months of the year, the interest of every month will be around Rs 5025. If you deposit Rs 4,50,000 lakh from a single account, then the monthly interest will be Rs 2513.
How to invest Rs 9 lakh
You can invest a maximum of Rs 4.5 lakh from a single account in POMIS. At the same time, a maximum of Rs 9 lakh can be invested through a joint account. 3 adults can also join a joint account. If the maximum limit of investment is Rs 9 lakh.
These are the benefits
- The duration of this scheme is 5 years, you can extend it according to the new interest rate. In this, you will get the benefit of monthly income for life.
- Under the scheme, you are getting better returns as compared to bank FD.
- If you do not withdraw the money monthly, then it will remain in your post office savings account and by adding this money along with the principal amount, you will get further interest.
how to open account
- For this, there should be a savings account in the post office.
- Aadhar card or passport or voter card or driving license is valid for ID proof.
- 2 passport size photographs, government issued ID card or utility bill are valid for address proof.
- If these are documents, then you have to go to the post office and fill the form of POMIS. You can also download it online.
- Along with filling the form, the name of the nominee will also have to be given. To open this account, initially 1000 rupees have to be deposited through cash or cheque.
read this also-
Arundhati Bhattacharya: Former SBI chief Arundhati Bhattacharya said, India does not need more public sector banks
IRCTC Tour Package: Railways is giving you a great opportunity to visit these special places at cheap, breakfast and food will also be available for free